Play Pretend is a radio talk show with the title Humanity the Land of Make Believe
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about the unreality of the entire human experience and focus on the Truth that we are Spirit simply believing we are human. In this show we will discuss the complications that arise when false belief is treated as reality. Listen as they explain avidya (ignorance) as the futile attempt to know how the unreal became real. Awake, asleep, alive, or dead there is no difference; only One Divine Eternal Life. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and experience the unreality of the unreal.
- The collective consensus seems to agree that we are humans with the possibility of a spiritual experience; we are bodies with minds and perchance a soul. In Truth we are Spirit and Spirit is All.
- Belief is what seems to give thought power but belief can only get you so far. With positive thought and belief one can change finite bad to finite good; but this does not go far enough for someone looking for the Truth and nothing but the Truth.
- In Truth, Spirit is a power and demonstrable Principle and must be proved; not merely believed in. The entire human experience gets its sense of reality from belief and like attracts like– belief gets belief but only Spirit gets Spirit. Let’s play pretend.
- Do you ever wonder why? Bad things happen to good people. Prayers aren’t answered in favor of the request. Did it ever occur to you that what we are calling life isn’t Life. For me, it was a wakeup call to find out what is reporting in my five senses isn’t what is really here.
- This world isn’t Thy Kingdom and this world isn’t real but a mortal thought believed in.
- S&H 207-208 Mary Baker Eddy “The spiritual reality is the scientific fact in all things. The spiritual fact, repeated in the action of man and the whole universe, is harmonious and is the ideal of Truth. Spiritual facts are not inverted; the opposite discord, which bears no resemblance to spirituality, is not real. The only evidence of this inversion is obtained from suppositional error, which affords no proof of God, Spirit, or of the spiritual creation. Material sense defines all things materially, and has a finite sense of the infinite.
The Scriptures say, “In Him we live, and move, and have our being.” What then is this seeming power, independent of God, which causes disease and cures it? What is it but an error of belief, — a law of mortal mind, wrong in every sense, embracing sin, sickness, and death? It is the very antipode of immortal Mind, of Truth, and of spiritual law. It is not in accordance with the goodness of God’s character that He should make man sick, then leave man to heal himself; it is absurd to suppose that matter can both cause and cure disease, or that Spirit, God, produces disease and leaves the remedy to matter.”