Body Sense is a radio talk show with the title Demonstrate a More Perfect Sense of Body.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about how they apply the Principle of Divine Science to the practice of Kriya Yoga. In this show they will discuss the function of the physical body as a mirror of the inner workings of the carnal mind. Listen as they explain the importance of how we think is what we become; and the function of Divine Mind in correcting human conjecture. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and experience the wisdom of Divine Mind.
- Christian Science does not take away our body, but it gives to us a divine sense of body. It restores to us our heritage of divine embodiment, the same sense of body Jesus had.
- “It is because we deal with the misconception of our present body — we deal with the figures or symbols as though they are body and fail to consider the true character of body, the embodiment of divine ideas. We fail to demonstrate a more perfect sense of body because we do not understand body, as body really is.”
- “Everything that exists is pure thought — the thought of God or Mind. The materiality that we think we see is entirely in us; is entirely in the observer.”
- The chakra system is a diagram for the workings of the mortal mind and the interaction of the opposite forces.
- Bicknell Young Body – Misconception #3 ” Another misconception that we are to dispel from our consciousness through metaphysical work is that our present body evolves and manifests disease. Our so-called material body – the figure or symbol – is a state of belief only. Body, the embodiment of ideas, does not form disease. “
- Can we explain some differences between mortal mind thinking and Divine Ideas? Mortal mind is rational, objective, a divided consciousness and functions on a belief in two powers; it is human conjecture because everything is in half. Divine Mind is absolute, subjective, the unified state and functions on the self-existent One Power.
- The Christ makes the Word of Divine Mind intelligible to human consciousness. As Mary Baker Eddy says in The Body, “Thinking with God, as God, shows me the perfection of the body, but the body is just as perfect before l know it as after.”
Present Spirit is a radio talk show with the title Absent from the Body and Present with the Spirit.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about making your mind an avenue of awareness for the Divine Omnipresence. In this show they will discuss the pragmatic application of 2 Cor 5:8 “We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.” Listen as they explain why it is so important to be conscious of the Divine in order to demonstrate the Principle. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and experience the power of Divine Love.
- Bicknell Young Body, “In the practice of Christian Science we spend much time in gaining a true sense of body. With the revelation of Christian Science we begin to consider the body from a metaphysical standpoint or from a state of mind somewhat illumined with the facts of divine Science. From the standpoint of metaphysics, we do not deny our body because it seems material to us, but we do deny our human, material sense of body. We keep our body and we understand and affirm that our body is an eternal verity, intact here and now as it is in Truth – – the one eternal body, the forever embodiment of divine ideas. The false appearance of false material sense that we call body is not body at all, but is a misconception of the one eternal body at hand. How many of us are willing to be “absent” from the limited material sense that we call body, and to be “present” with the true sense of body that is spiritual, painless, harmonious, Mind-governed and Mind-sustained. “
- Bicknell Young Oneness, “Much may be accomplished for the Cause of Christian Science, and the world today, by the individual who is knowing, and being the one Mind. Because he understands his being to be the individual appearing or manifesting of God, this individual works effectively, with power. He loses a sense of himself as having a mind separate from God. He feels sure of his work, and he speaks with authority, whether it is a belief of sin, disease, death, or warring nations, he is handling. One does not feel that his work is futile, if the suggestion should come, “What can your thinking do among so many?” He knows better than that, because he is gaining a new meaning of “One with God is a majority.” For he knows his consciousness is God.”
- Bicknell Young Oneness “What cannot God do? Mrs. Eddy says (Mis. 189:15), “The supposition that Soul, or Mind, is breathed into matter, is a pantheistic doctrine that presents a false sense of existence, and the quickening spirit takes it away: revealing, in place thereof, the power and perfection of a released sense of Life in God and Life as God. The Scriptures declare Life to be the infinite I AM, not a dweller in matter.” She continues, “For man to know Life as it is, namely God, the eternal good, gives him not merely a sense of existence, but an accompanying consciousness of spiritual power that subordinates matter and destroys sin, disease, and death.” And further, “This, Jesus demonstrated; insomuch that St. Matthew wrote, ‘The people were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.’ This spiritual power, healing sin and sickness, was not confined to the first century; it extends to all time, inhabits eternity, and demonstrates Life without beginning or end.”
Miracle is a radio talk show with the title The Anatomy of a Miracle.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about miracles as the anatomy of a Spiritual impulse and not as some act of Divine intervention. Listen as they explain why it is stated in the bible that with God all things are possible (Mark 10:27 ” And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.”). In this show they will discuss why Mary Baker Eddy defined a Christian Science healing as “acknowledgement of the present Perfection.” Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and experience Amazing without the cost of a new car.
- Divine creation is right here now and it is Perfect. Divine Life is functioning everywhere. So what is sickness, suffering, death, lack, limitation; something called “this world” in the bible? This world is the “human” concept of the Divine creation; it is a refraction of the Divine Idea a limited conception of Truth.
- The human experience is the false activity of the carnal mind which cannot extend beyond mortal thought; we spend all our time trying to figure how the false became real instead of knowing the Truth.
- The Miracle is the anatomy of a Spiritual impulse. Divine Subjective Egoism involves letting yourself accept the Divine Life as the only 4. Life there is and, therefore, the only Life that you can now be. What Mary Baker Eddy called “Living above corporeal sense and correcting it.”
What is commonly called the miracle is the natural state of being; the Divine creation which in truth is the only reality. What we are dealing with is the false activity created by a belief in two powers. By accepting the testimony of the 5 corporeal senses we are calling the unreal real and then accepting the belief in matter putting us on the wrong side of the equation.
Divine Egoism is a radio talk show titled The Truth About Divine Subjective Egoism.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about understanding the allness of One Divine Life as the only true reality. In this show they will discuss how the Principle is discovered when one Life is known as Itself, of Itself, to Itself and in Itself. Listen as they explain how to “live above corporeal sense and correct it” (Mary Baker Eddy) by understanding only knower is known. If scripture is correct and God is all; who are we? Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and be the Truth Loving Itself.
- If scripture is correct and God is all; who are we? One Life, One God, One Religion, One Ego, One Truth, One Yoga. Spirit is all and to assume Spiritual Identity is to understand the Oneness of All– only one Life looking at Itself, as Itself, of Itself and to Itself; this knowing is Divine Subjective Egoism.
- So we have “ego” versus Ego, “self” versus Self; many versus One.
- What you understand to be true with the Divine Idea must correct what appears to be true in matter. What to do when it doesn’t prove out by correcting the appearance. We must “repent” which translates into– think differently.
- “To remove the error producing disorder, you must calm and instruct mortal mind with immortal Truth.” (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 415:24). Let’s drill down with this because to calm means ally the fear which is a defense mechanism for the “form” or better stated “false appearance.” Also, the form is thought made visible; and we are instructed to correct thought with Truth. This is a very specific instruction and can or must not be confused with a better human thought emitted with belief.
Self-Completeness is a radio talk show with the title Spiritual Understanding that Expands into Self-Completeness.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about Spiritual understanding that demonstrates Divine Law. In this show Spirit will be discussed as a valuable Principle not an abstract term but a reliable force. Listen as they explore Spiritual identity as expansion into Self-completeness; “matter disappears under the microscope of Spirit” Mary Baker Eddy. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and validate yourself Spiritually.
- Total Consciousness is the goal of Kriya Yoga; we must understand that human consciousness which works on duality, belief in two powers does not comprehend the Truth or Total picture.
- In order to actualize Total Consciousness we must transcend the limits of corporeal sense and accept Divine Consciousness as our consciousness. To transcend we rise above the five material senses and the changing conditions of personal mentality then abide in the invisible intangible Divine Omnipresence.
- Mary Baker Eddy S&H 264:15 “When we realize that Life is Spirit, never in nor of matter, this understanding will expand into self-completeness, finding all in God, good, and needing no other consciousness.”
- 7 Words for God: Truth, Principle, Love, Life, Spirit, Mind, and Soul. Spiritual Fruits: Peace, Love, Joy, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Goodness, Patience, Kindness, Temperance. As we said in KYT2 class for all those year; “all the good, beautiful, and true attributes belong to God.”
- John 1:3 “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”
- Spirit is the dissolving force of the universe and it translates everything back into itself. There is only One Life in the entire universe and this awareness is Spiritual Identity; understand yourself to be the One Divine Life is Truth.
Christianity 2 is a radio talk show with the title Kriya Yoga Meeting Original Christianity Part Two.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk more about Paramahansa Yogananda who brought Kriya Yoga to the United States. In this series of shows they will discuss some of the important similarities between the teachings of the Self-Realization Fellowship and original Christianity. Listen as they continue to explore the basic principles of Truth, Religion, God, Life and Yoga. In these shows religion and yoga will be understood as Union with the Divine and everything else will be missing the mark. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and experience the saving aspect of Truth.
- What comes first the chicken or the egg? Yoga begins and ends with Union with the Divine. What does it look like when thought conforms to the Divine Idea; when we find that place where our thought is the same as Divine Mind.
- Para-Gram #2 Banish Fear of Death; read the card. Man is soul– we are Spirit and must accept Spiritual identity which will dissolve the false sense of mortal existence.
- Religion means re-link and Yoga means yoke or union; we are holding to the Scriptural instruction for these terms and working on demonstration of the Principle no longer accepting belief.
- Para-Gram #3 Calmness; read the card by Paramahansa Yogananda.
- We are trying to decide if this is the direction we want to follow or just work with random topics. Sometimes it is easier to follow a theme and other times it is easier to let the topics come freely. We are not sure at this time what direction we will take but it seems like we are going to let the topics reveal themselves more spontaneously.
Christianity is a radio talk show with the title Kriya Yoga Meeting Original Christianity.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about Paramahansa Yogananda who brought Kriya Yoga to the United States. In this show or series of shows they will discuss some of the important similarities between the teachings of the Self-Realization Fellowship and original Christianity. Listen as they explore the basic principles of Truth, Religion, God, Life and Yoga. In this show religion and yoga will be understood as Union with the Divine and everything else will be missing the mark. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and experience Oneness with the Divine.
- SRF mentions original Christianity in their introduction. Read it.
- Both science and religion at the foundation level are seeking Truth and the meeting ground seems to lead to this concealed deity or invisible intangible “force.” When I hear the term original Christianity I now, think of Christian Science because the message of the Christ is to heal the sick, reform the sinner, raise the dead, preach the gospel. I found it very helpful to separate Jesus from the Christ and to understand the Christ as the saving aspect of Truth. Christ demonstrates Divine Law which eliminates karmic law.
- Para-Grams by Paramahansa Yogananda Balance – read the card. 1) Balance always reminds me of the law of karma, the perfect accountant for what we put out we get back, but karma is rooted in a belief in two powers. Yoga is liberation from the law of karma by Union with the Divine. Christian Science helped me see this much clearer than I learned from Goswami Kriyananda. 2) he makes some statements “you are the creator” there is but one creator and it is the Divine Principle and Will– not personal. The entire human experience is the false activity of this law of karma and Spirit destroys the lie. 3) using the term balance here implies working with the body and mind to reach this Truth– this may be one of the differences I found between Christian Science and Kriya Yoga initially, but later I think they both start with Union with the Divine or Love God.
Disorder is a radio talk show with the title Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Discussed.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about a different look at what may be called obsessive compulsive disorder in the medical world; as a glimpse of the Truth of Being. In this show they will discuss some possibilities found in what is called the peace that passes understanding. Listen as they explain some of the benefits of graduating from human rational thinking to the Divine Idea; from objective reasoning to subjective knowing. What does Life look like when it is governed by the Perfection of Being? Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and experience the perfection of Being.
- When did wanting things to be “perfect” become a disease? Is it possible that we are having a negative response to something very positive. Spirit is perfect and Spirit translates everything into Itself;
- Knowing the difference between mortal imagination and Divine Mind can be better understood when there is clarity between objective perception and subjective perception.
- Divine Mind is the Perfection of Being.
- The depression artists go through when taking Divine vision and putting It in form, it is never good enough.
- Divine Mind is the peace that passes human understanding.
- “To enter into the heart of prayer, the door of the erring senses must be closed” Mary Baker Eddy
- ” Without a fitness for holiness, we cannot receive holiness. A great sacrifice of material things must precede this advanced spiritual understanding. The highest prayer Loftiest adoration is not one of faith merely; it is demonstration. Such prayer heals sickness, and must destroy sin and death. It distinguishes between Truth that is sinless and the falsity of sinful sense.” Mary Baker Eddy Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures
- What is called the wrath of God; is Divine Love, it is the Love of God not letting man accept anything less than the Perfection of Being. The law of karma and the cycle of death and rebirth are simply the shadow of Truth; the false activity of a mortal mind– separate from the Divine Mind and the Divine Law of Life.
- Key Point: awakened to the scientific truth that we cannot accept into our consciousness false concepts about others and demonstrate our own well-being at the same time. Thinking is “out of joint” with the one Mind when thoughts of fear and criticism fill consciousness.
- Do not merely deny the testimony of the false activity of mortal mind but aggressively substitute Truth for criticism.
- The medical and what we call western scientific approach which is rooted in matter as real; tries to diagnose which is only an attempt to rationalize how the unreal became real or the false became true. In Divine Science we start with Spirit as the only reality and recognize the unreal as unreality; awareness of this Truth has a profound effect on the false activity of mortal mind or objective thinking and corrects the thought with Truth thus changing the appearance. All disease is a belief in something other than the allness of Truth, Life, Love or God.
Rise is a radio talk show with the title How to Rise Above Material Sense.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about the idea of enlightenment and discuss learning some methods used in the process of levitation. Listen as they review Pratyahara (sense withdrawal) as a practice to lighten one’s sense of self. In this show they will explain Union with the Divine and the evidence procedure that rises above corporeal sense and corrects it. Spirit is Perfect and translates everything into Itself; only Spirit knows Spirit. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and lift identity into Spiritual Oneness.
- Mainly by filling thought with Divine Ideas makes thought buoyant thus lifting awareness above the five senses into the realm of Spirit. I like to use the example of a siphon to illustrate what may be happening as we begin to open the channel of communication with Divine Mind, Spirit. Lofty thoughts lift identity beyond personal sense into the Idea of Oneness, Spiritual Sense. As we rise beyond human will we can let go of trying to get Truth to do something for us; we can now watch and wait with patience for Truth to use us as It sees fit– no human thoughts or suggestions to contaminate consciousness and bring it down to material sense.
- From The Decalogue by Ames Nowell, “The more consciousness approaches the Divine state of Mind in which Mind is cognizing the infinite unlimited abundance of its own existence as the All-in-all, the more experience will take on the character of Divinity made evident in a greater sense of completeness.”
- From The Decalogue by Ames Nowell “Human good (at its best) is a limited sense of good; whereas divine good is forever unlimited. Therefore, the expression of human goodness is not sufficient to qualify us for admission to Heaven. There must be genuine spiritualization of thought if access is to be gained to that state of the divine Mind which is Mind’s understanding and experience of omnipresent and boundless good. Thus, the nature of our thoughts determines our qualifications. The more our thinking becomes godlike, the closer consciousness will be to that heavenly state in which all sense of limitation is unknown. Instead of robbing Deity by denying His allness and ever presence, as human material thinking does, spiritual, divinely subjective knowing attributes to the great I AM all good, and enables us thereby to enter “by the door [of understanding] into the sheepfold.”
- More Ames Nowell, “It is important to recognize that there can be but one Infinite. The co-existence of two infinites is a metaphysical and philosophical impossibility. If there is nothing apart from, beside, beyond, or outside of the Infinite, there can be but one. Dualism or “twoness” is no part of God’s nature.”
- We are coming out of the belief in the many into the realization of the One.
- Why do we want to? Isaiah 2:22 “Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?”
Judgement is a radio talk show with the title What is Meant by Righteous Judgement.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about forsaking the modes of mortal thought and letting Divine Mind take over. Listen as they discuss what it looks like when reason walks through the open door of Revelation and the Truth is known. In this show they will explain the difference between corporeal sense and Divine Knowing. Divine Mind is too pure to behold inequity; Spirit only knows Spirit. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and judge righteously.
- “There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.” William Shakespeare
- With Spiritual identity must come Spiritual perception and here we use obedience to impersonal Spiritual perception to correct thought. For the connection is found in the thought unity between the impersonal “I” of “my” being and the I of Being.
- Corporeal sense is the wrong mode of perception and Right judgement is achieved only through Spiritual sense. We step out of the three modes of mortal thinking and move awareness into its rightful position focused on Divine Mind; the invisible intangible Omnipresence.
- What happens when your identity is the I of God? No more personal sense of me, no more asking, pleading, trying, striving, begging– I am only One Divine Life. No more divided consciousness, double minded, belief in two powers for only One Divine Life. No more time or space everything is here now. Spirit translates everything into Itself– “Metaphysics resolves things into thoughts and exchanges the object of sense for the ideas of Soul.” (S&H 269:14)
- John 7:24 “Judge not according to the appearance but judge righteous judgement.”
- Jesus beheld in Science the perfect man, who appeared to him where sinning mortal man appears to mortals. In this perfect man the Savior saw God’s own likeness, and this correct view of man healed the sick. Mary Baker Eddy S&H 476:31
- From Spirit View: “For instance, if you look in the mirror and see a disease on your body, mentally turn from what mortal mind is reporting to you through the physical eye and concentrate on what God is telling you through divine Mind. Focus on discerning what is true with God, rather than on what mortal mind is trying to present as true in matter. What you understand to be true with God can reverse what appears to be true in matter.”
- Definition of Righteous: Webster “Acting in accord with Divine or moral law.”