Overcoming Evil is a radio talk show with the title Overcoming Evil with Good.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about dissolving the twelve veils of the conditioned mortal mind. Listen as they explain evil as an archery term meaning anything that isn’t the “mark” or Truth. In this show they will discuss the operation of the Divine Principle which eliminates the universal belief in anything other than the One Perfect Divine Life. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and be True Consciousness.
- We may begin with a definition of evil as anything which isn’t the mark as the counter for sin which is missing the mark in archery terms. In Spiritual terms sin and evil become the same dynamic but the target is Spirit not matter. This must take humanity out of the belief in good and evil into the understanding of Absolute Good as the only Reality.
- Some quotes from Mary Baker Eddy “At all times and under all circumstances, overcome evil with good.” S&H 571:16– Another one is “Because I have uncovered evil, and dis-covered for you divine Science, which saith, “Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good,” and you have not loved sufficiently to understand this Golden Rule and demonstrate the might of perfect Love that casteth out all fear, shall you turn away from this divine Principle to graven images? Miscellaneous Writtings. 334:28-2
- More from Mary Baker Eddy S&H 76:18-77:12 “Suffering, sinning, dying beliefs are unreal. When divine Science is universally understood, they will have no power over man, for man is immortal and lives by divine authority.
The sinless joy, — the perfect harmony and immortality of Life, possessing unlimited divine beauty and goodness without a single bodily pleasure or pain, — constitutes the only veritable, indestructible man, whose being is spiritual. This state of existence is scientific and intact, — a perfection discernible only by those who have the final understanding of Christ in divine Science. Death can never hasten this state of existence, for death must be overcome, not submitted to, before immortality appears.
The recognition of Spirit and of infinity comes not suddenly here or hereafter. The pious Polycarp said: “I cannot turn at once from good to evil.” Neither do other mortals accomplish the change from error to truth at a single bound.
Existence continues to be a belief of corporeal sense until the Science of being is reached. Error brings its own self-destruction both here and hereafter, for mortal mind creates its own physical conditions. Death will occur on the next plane of existence as on this, until the spiritual understanding of Life is reached. Then, and not until then, will it be demonstrated that “the second death hath no power.”
- Overcoming Evil with Good is not positive thinking because thinking is the operation of the mortal mind which can’t bring forth the Divine image and as long as we insist on using the mind which is divided we will always be changing evil to good. To do this Spiritually is very different because conscious awareness of the omnipresent Self brings forth Infinite Spirit and Its image and likeness Divine Mind which brings forth Divine Truth; the True consciousness. In this Reality there’s Infinite Spirit expressing as invisible Divine Mind appearing as form to material sense. Therefore, what enables us to overcome evil is conscious awareness of the Divine Principle of One. Without union with the Divine you are a branch cut from the vine. Disconnected from the Light of Eternal Life we walk defenseless among the none existent powers of good and evil.
- Herb Fitch RO 5A 20m gives instruction in how to come out of false sense consciousness by accepting I Christ, accepting immortality and the Mind too pure to behold iniquity.