Want is a radio talk show with the title I Want Always Obscures I Am.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about the inner workings of consciousness from the Spiritual standpoint of the Divine creation. Listen as they explain how wanting originates from a false sense of separation and a belief in two powers. In this show they will explore the modes of mortal thought as an obstruction to the perfection of being. How we think is what we become; think with Divine Mind and become the image and likeness of the Divine. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and be the image and likeness of the Divine.
Notes: Show Transcript
- Personal sense of “i” is the concept of wanting; drawing what appears to be energy to a false sense of self creates an interference pattern for the impersonal, Spirit which is the Perfection of Being. This interference pattern (which can be understood as thinking with the corporeal senses) is the “glass darkly” Paul speaks about in 1 Corinthians 13:12, “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”
- Ames Nowell Mary Baker Eddy Her Revelation of Divine Egoism page 186 “Strive to work from God, instead of up to God.” In such work thought is as though Mind were doing the knowing . The sole requisite is to accept Soul as one’s Mind, and to know AS Soul, AS Mind, – AS I. Let the “I” go to the Father, and mean the Father, – not a personal sense called “me.”
- We live in human thought and have human experiences; when we know Divine Mind we live in the Divine Idea, then we have Divine experiences.
- Herb Fitch RSJ 3A, “Now just quickly review to yourself that God being all, there must be Divinity standing where you are. Nobody sees that Divinity, not even you, but if Divinity is not where you are then certainly God is not all. Now this is the major hypnosis that has confronted the human race; the unawareness of Divinity where I stand. And from that springs a new concept of identity, which has nothing to do with the Divine image and likeness of God. That new concept is a human image. It is the imitation of your Divine image. And in that human image, that imitation image, you live and you die. And you have good things and you have bad things. You live in the Tree of the Knowledge of good and evil.”
- Aham Brahamasmi is the way it may be stated in Yoga; translates “I am the creative Principle” this implies the Christian concept “all the Father has I have” and to be wanting suggests this isn’t true for “me.”
- Another way of explaining the false creation,
“When apparently near the confines of mortal existence, standing already within the shadow of the death-valley, I learned these truths in divine Science: that all real being is in God, the divine Mind, and that Life, Truth, and Love are all-powerful and ever-present; that the opposite of Truth, — called error, sin, sickness, disease, death, — is the false testimony of false material sense, of mind in matter; that this false sense evolves, in belief, a subjective state of mortal mind which this same so-called mind names matter, thereby shutting out the true sense of Spirit.”
(Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 108:19). Here, “I want” is simply the longings of a false sense of life with a belief in something other than the One Divine creation which becomes the obstruction to the Truth– “I Am All.”