Surrender is a radio talk show with the title Surrendering Personal Sense of Life.
Surrender: Show Transcript
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about the concept of “release and let God” in a little different way. In this show they will be discussing the difference between Spiritual and material identity. Listen as they explain surrender as impersonalization more as the unfolding of the true sense of Being instead of a giving up; because two things can’t occupy the same space at the same time. Live by the sword, die by the sword; live by Grace and live forever. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and perceive yourself Spiritually.
- Why do we have to “put off the old man” and what does it look like when I am doing it. To answer this question I have a few quotes from Herb Fitch:
a. “And now you find you have intensified your probing to find out where you are failing. You have gone too far to turn back and yet you haven’t gone far enough. And you find that you haven’t died to yourself. You have accepted that you are the Spirit, but you have not accepted that you are not the human being. And so you are trying to be both; the Spirit and the human being.”
b. “The child of God has no human identity. It has a human appearance.”
c. “There is no Divine omnipotence except in Divine Life.” Herb Fitch RSJ 2A.
- Like attracts like; fear and limitation doesn’t bring Truth and Wholeness.
- A better look at surrender may be detachment in Yoga or Something from S&H I find to be helpful is “But thought, loosened from a material basis but not yet instructed by Science, may become wild with freedom and so be self-contradictory.” (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 552:19).
- Surrender here is translated into “I and the Father are One” not two; only One which means no me and but only One Divine Life– Principle and idea; Thy Will not my will.
- To look a little deeper into the Truth, “Christian Science explains all cause and effect as mental, not physical. It lifts the veil of mystery from Soul and body. It shows the scientific relation of man to God, disentangles the interlaced ambiguities of being, and sets free the imprisoned thought. In divine Science, the universe, including man, is spiritual, harmonious and eternal. Science shows that what is termed matter is but the subjective state of what is termed by the author mortal mind.” S&H 114:23
- Surrender here asks the question: to what degree are you accepting Spiritual identity. Contrary to common collective belief we cannot be both. Romans 12:1, ” I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”