Exploring the Academy of Make Believe
Make Believe is a radio talk show that explores the possibilities of changing how we think to effect changes in our reality.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about belief and some different applications of the term. Listen as they make a distinction between belief and faith. Belief is what gives thought the power of intention; is this a friend or foe? In this show they will explain the distinction between faith and belief. We can be shaping our reality with the thoughts we think, the beliefs we accept, the feelings we harbor, and the scenes we rehears in our minds. Be careful what you think; how we think is what we become. Is positive thinking the best use of our minds? Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness!
Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance get the Light in your soul and harmonize with Divine Law.
Make Believe Notes:
1. Let’s play pretend! Let’s pretend that the world is perfect, completely healthy, whole, harmonious, peaceful, loving, kind, eternal, and always happy . Now let’s get real; the world is broken, mostly unhealthy, fragmented, abnormal, at war, full of hate, cruelty, decaying and unhappy.
2. What if there isn’t anything wrong with the world; the only thing wrong is our view of the world. Let’s make believe that all that has to be done is change our thinking.
3. Spiritual Law says for every action there is an equal reaction. Material law says for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Which law is “True” does cause equal effect?
4. Repent! Doesn’t mean beg for forgiveness; it means think differently. “Om mani padme hum” The jewel is in the mud; it isn’t where you might think it is– think differently.
5. Make believe! We can believe in anything and for most of us “seeing” is believing. We rely on the testimony of our senses. We believe it because we see it– makes sense. Look at where this kind of thinking gets you; belief in a world of decay, sickness, crime, war, and death. What if there was a different way of looking at the world and looking at life; a parallel universe that is perfect, whole, harmonious, loving, kind, eternal, unchanging, and True. For this discussion let’s “make believe” this is true; creation is perfect and eternally blissful.
6. Faith is belief in Truth; belief in the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen. We believe in Truth not only because we “Know” it but because of it we “Know” everything else. Know the Truth and the Truth will make you free.
7. The Benefit of understanding yourself Spiritually is it makes life perfect. To understand life Spiritually require a different way of thinking; thinking with the higher Mind and not the lower mind. Thinking with Truth; as Truth. Moving out of the many into the One.
8. As George Bernard Shaw said, we have not lost faith in God we have transferred it to the medical profession. Remember we can believe in technology but it is not backed by Truth. To unlock the power of the Almighty we must believe in Divine Law and you can’t just give it the glad hand. Trust in Spirit puts you in harmony with the Will of the Divine which has miraculous effect on what we call real. Try it! Turn your belief into the Truth that makes you free.
9. Next week: Artificial Intelligence versus Divine Mind