All Hallows Eve and Union with the Divine
Hallows Eve is a radio talk show discussing the origins of All Hallows Eve and Union with the Divine.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will be talking about the deeper meaning behind Halloween. The word hallow means holy which has its origins in the word “whole” and Halloween was also called All Saints’ Eve because saints were holy people or whole people. This is one of the earliest understandings of the holiday which has a much more secular and material meaning today. We have come a long way in a couple of hundred years but what direction are we moving in? What is the real meaning of trick or treat? Listen as we uncover the distinctions between saints and sinners; vice and virtue. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance and initiate your process to wholeness.
Hallows Eve Notes:
1. So saints are whole people and sinners are those who miss the mark.
2. Whole people are humans in the adult state and sinners are humans in the larvae state.
3. Vice versus virtue in her book “The Labors of Hercules” Alice Bailey mentions the origins of the word vice as meaning “to render ineffectual.” Then talks about virtue as being viral and strong.
4. The date corresponds with the Celtic new year Samhain (Sow-wain) where the costumes where made of the remains of game animals. To show respect for the life they support.
5. Masquerade or behind the veneer behind the world of appearance is the world of vision and thought. Ghosts and goblins are the world of wave which underlies the world of form.
6. A way to acknowledge the astral plane/ the invisible but tangible dimension of reality.
7. Trick or treat; looking at life like a simple “mind” game. Are we going to fall for the weakness of the world or are we going to choose the strength of Spirit.
8. Veterans, Soldiers, Warriors, and Apotheosis for next week.