Watching is a radio talk show with the title Dedicated Watching For Spiritual Light.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about a post made at the Christian Science Sentinel titled “The Light that makes all things New” by Deb Hensley. In this show they will discuss similarities between the Christian “watching” and the Yoga practice of Meditation. Listen as they explain transformation as the dawning of the Spiritual Light on human consciousness revealing the Divine Truth of Being. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and perceive the Truth.
Notes: Show Transcript
- The more we understand Life to be Spiritual the less we believe life to be material.
“Thus it is that the real, ideal man appears in proportion as the false and material disappears.”
(Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 69:9–10)
- The concept of proportion regarding Spiritual Light. The physical world is a mental image and the more Divinely mental it is the more harmonious and indestructible it will appear. Looking at the 7 Chakras, 7 Churches, or 7 Thought Windows in relation to the 7 levels of consciousness. Here we are saying there isn’t 1 Window but 7 Windows and the more windows acknowledged the more Light to illumine thought.
- “I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis
- In her talk Deb Hensley talks about sitting by a very dark thought window. I like this to help understand the Yoga concept of a Chakra or the Church in Revelations in the Bible. It is that place where our thought is the same as the Divine Idea. Paul Stark Seely says, something like; the connection is found between Divine Mind and the real man. The real man is Spiritual identity or the Christ; which Deb calls Spiritual light.
- Filling our thought with Divine idea is the practice of “watching” or “witnessing” or “beholding.” Mary Baker Eddy called this “thinking with God, as God” and in order to do this with any kind of success we must rise above the five corporeal senses and take no thought. The Bible tells us the Mind of God is too pure to behold iniquity.
- Here we look at the concept of “surrender” and it is of the utmost importance that we surrender to the Divine Will, the Divine Idea and not to the testimony of the five corporeal senses or the world thought. In order to do this we must know the difference and then prove it. Spiritual Light or the Christ Light makes this choice possible; otherwise we may be denying the 5 senses and not be under the protection of Spiritual Law.
- Attuning oneself to the Divine Idea and employing the 2 part philosophy “Know Thyself and Nothing in Excess.”