Resurrection Aftermath is a radio talk show with the title Aftermath: He Has Risen.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about the Christian concept of Resurrection as the middle phase in the hero’s journey and human development. Listen as they explain the three phases to Apotheosis; which is the process of the human discovering Divinity within. In this show they will review the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension and compare it to the separation, journey, and return; as the process experienced in consciousness. Resurrection is only the mid-point; so don’t stop here, keep going until the Ascension. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul become Alive.
Notes: Show Transcript
- The hero’s journey takes place in three phases 1. Separation, 2. Journey, and 3. Return. Mary Baker Eddy has something similar in S&H 115:12-27 and 116:1-5
SCIENTIFIC TRANSLATION OF IMMORTAL MIND
God: Divine Principle, Life, Truth, Love, Soul, Spirit, Mind.
Man: God’s spiritual idea, individual, perfect, eternal.
Idea: An image in Mind; the immediate object of understanding. —Webster.
SCIENTIFIC TRANSLATION OF MORTAL MIND
First Degree: Depravity.
Physical. Evil beliefs, passions and appetites, fear, depraved will, self-justification, pride, envy, deceit, hatred, revenge, sin, sickness, disease, death.
Second Degree: Evil beliefs disappearing.
Moral. Humanity, honesty, affection, compassion, hope, faith, meekness, temperance.
Third Degree: Understanding.
Spiritual. Wisdom, purity, spiritual understanding, spiritual power, love, health, holiness.
In the third degree mortal mind disappears, and man as God’s image appears. Science so reverses the evidence before the corporeal human senses, as to make this Scriptural testimony true in our hearts, “The last shall be first, and the first last,” so that God and His idea may be to us what divinity really is and must of necessity be, — all-inclusive.
- Jesus is crucified on a hill between two thieves and the symbolism coincides with Ajna Chakra in Kriya Yoga; The Third Eye center which is the highest point with three terminals and the gateway to Sahasrara Chakra the Crown Center which has only one nadi to it. The resurrection is the phase that follows the crucifixion and as we can see it must be at the Third Eye Center and include the two thieves; Ida and Pingala. This marks the end of the mental/material universe; the belief in two powers and the concept of matter. Resurrection Aftermath.
- The resurrection is the rebirth into a new identity which is purely Spiritual and it marks a period of adjustment; learning to fly or think differently. Preparation for the final phase which is the Ascension or the Reunion with the Father. In Kriya Yoga going from Ajna Chakra to Sahasrara Chakra out of the many into the One.
- How do I know that I am Resurrected and not just think I am resurrected? “But thought, loosened from a material basis but not yet instructed by Science, may become wild with freedom and so be self-contradictory.” (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 552:19). Does what I am doing prove out? Because the mental/material universe contradicts itself because it is in a loop. This is why we must crucify the mind/body complex; or put off the old man. Get out of the mind that is attached to and individuated from the world mind. Purify, purify, purify. Resurrection Aftermath.
- The physical world is a mental image and the more Divinely mental the image the more harmonious and indestructible it appears. “We apprehend Life in divine Science only as we live above corporeal sense and correct it.” (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 167:6–7). Resurrection is Life as it emerges from the “Right side of the boat” John 21:6 “And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.” Now we detach from the corporeal senses and attach to the Spiritual Senses; which are too pure to behold iniquity.
- Preparation for the Ascension is the Journey; testing the Spiritual Senses and getting familiar with the new sense of self. John 20:17 “Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”