Second Advent and the Week for Hope
Advent Hope is a radio talk show discussing the possibilities for the second week of Advent this year with an emphasis deliberate expectancy.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk more about Advent the four weeks of preparation for the coming of the Messiah. Last week we touched on the concept of faith and its function in the developmental process. This week we will focus on hope and the application of expectancy in the unfolding of Spiritual understanding. Listen as they explain how something invisible and intangible can be so pragmatic. The role of the causal/spiritual body as a practical guide for effective living. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance get the Light in your soul and prey on Prana.
Advent Hope Notes:
1. I resonate to the role of preparation; especially when it comes to practice for Spiritual understanding. Advent makes sense to me
2. Hope is one of those words that opens up into many meanings. Hope has the feel of a future orientation a sense of things to come.
3. Faith was last weeks practice and having a relationship with the Almighty Goodness of Life; paves the way for ones future as hopeful.
4. Everything rests on our concept of the Divine. One major error in Spiritual understanding originates with a misconception of the Divine as an anthropomorphic figure; making God a human with superhuman qualities.
5. A more hopeful approach to Spiritual understanding begins with a clearer view of Divine Qualities. Instead of giving God human qualities; give the human Divine qualities.
6. When I think of the Divine I imagine the utopia of heaven. A state of perfect harmony, love, health, eternal happiness, peace, and lasting life. Hope here is the ultimate aspiration.
7. Preparing for Christmas, for me, is getting ready for my awakening in Divine likeness. Understanding myself as an eternal Spiritual being. How faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1.
8. What is the “True” meaning of Christmas? Is there benefit to Spiritual understanding? The Moon’s nodes in Astrology give us great insight. Where there is material gain there is Spiritual loss; and where there is material loss there is Spiritual gain.
9. “Aim for heaven and earth gets thrown in. Aim for earth and you get neither” CS Lewis.
10. Next week Third Advent and the Week of Joy.