White Raiment is a radio talk show with the title White Raiment of the Mystical I.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about the biblical code for garments referred to in the Bible in order to grasp the idea of Spiritual identity. In this show, they will discuss the discernment between personal sense and true Spiritual identity and how this is explained as avidya in Kriya Yoga. Listen as they explore the major differences between modern religion and true Spiritual Science. Luke 9:29 ” And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.” Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and display only the Divine qualities.
- White is the presence of all color appearing as one color which becomes the perfect symbol for Spirit. Spirit is the all in all united into One identity; One harmonious Being no longer refracted or divided. Raiment is the garment or the first house in astrology which for most is the personal sense of self but the Mystical I is Divine Egoism and the realization of only One Divine Life.
- Living from the many in a divided consciousness and the changing conditions of a personal mentality is a far cry from Spiritual Identity; the white raiment of the Mystical I. We make a distinction in the use of the pronoun I and open it up with different applications. We use I as a personal pronoun to represent the personal sense of self, my and you as material appearances but “I” can be used to represent the impersonal infinite Spiritual Self, the One Divine Life; the Divine Egoism of Ames Nowell.
- “When will the ages understand the Ego, and realize only one God, one Mind or intelligence?”(Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 204:20). To fine tune this statement, because it can be taken too far. We have from Addresses by Bicknell Young pg. 6-7. ” When Mrs. Eddy first began to establish this movement, she used to say “God is the Mind of man” more dogmatically than she does now. Now she explains it more. Not understanding that statement, some of her students, not perceiving that Principle is Mind, began to misinterpret and taught students to say “I am God.” They perceived that there was but one Mind and that Mind was their mind, but they humanly wanted to claim divine power in such a way as to exercise omnipotence for their own selfish ends.” The proper use of the pronoun I is important here; because I am God is correct when understood to be the impersonal infinite Spiritual Self but is blasphemy when thought to be the personal mortal human self.
- Making the transition from personal sense to Spiritual Selfhood has its requirements. “
The scientific government of the body must be attained through the divine Mind.”
(Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 167:26–27)
Herb Fitch in La Jolla Series class 9A states, “
“Now we learn something most unusual as we go deeper into the acceptance of Divine Self. Your Divine Self can never move your physical body. I know it sounds strange. Your physical body, though, is moved always by the world mind. It’s the world mind that makes your heart beat and controls your brain. Your Divine Self has nothing to do with your physical form, and that’s why hearts fail and bodies deteriorate.
Your Divine Self moves only your Divine body, your immortal Soul body. And as you bring your beliefs in conformity with Divine belief, you are released from control of the world mind. And then Divine Self moves your Divine body, but this appears in the appearance world as your improved condition. You see, it’s the step that’s missing. All human activity functions without Divine ordination. But when this happens, when you move out of thought to let Divine mind move your Divine body, you move under Grace in all things, and the Divine body movement within you becomes the outer physical movement of your human body. This is the meaning of “The Father worketh hitherto, and I work.” The one Divine life-stream performs its perfection independent of the physical world, and your Spiritual body walks free of the material grossness of the sense mind and its false powers.”
- This is giving new meaning to the statement, “on earth as it is in heaven” because when we shift identity to the infinite Spiritual body we are absent from the physical body and present with the Spirit. By stopping all influence from the mental physical world of energy we create a syphon for the Divine creative Principle to take over without interference.
- Born again of the Spirit means accepting Spiritual Identity and this is a complete shift in consciousness from finite, mortal, personal sense to impersonal, infinite, immortal, Spirit. We use the mortal mind to find the Divine Mind but once found, we must leave the mortal behind; put off the old man and put on the White Raiment of the Mystical I.
- We shift from being individuated by the world mind and under the jurisdiction of material law; a belief in two powers– the law of karma, to being individuated by Divine Mind and under the activity of the holy Spirit; a belief in One power the Divine Law of Perfect creation. Out of the many into the One.