Vain Labor is a radio talk show with the title Vain Labor Interferes with Divine Law.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about the 127th Psalm “Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.” Listen as they discuss the deadly sin of pride from the perspective of Divine Science which dissolves personal sense by revealing the Truth. In this show ignorance and sin will be exposed as an unreality instead of a defect in character. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and live in the Divine Creation.
- For me the quote may be another way of saying not my will but Thy Will be done.
- The interesting aspect of the psalm is the word “except” this for me is the lead in for the Truth of Being the reference to Genesis 1 the Divine creation of a perfect Spiritual universe and if we don’t accept that we are laboring in vain. Also known as living in sin, missing the mark, lost in the false sense of existence believing you are a finite mortal person.
- Personal and proud living under the influence of mortal mind struggling with the opposite forces of good and evil. Trying to be a good human but unconscious to the Divine Creation which is building a Perfect Life.
- To get a perspective of where humanity is today; let’s look at Verizon Frontline, the advanced network for first responders; Can this be an example of being unconsciously attuned to the belief in good and evil? Are they rewarding vain labor and denying the Divine Activity? Is anyone remotely aware that we render the Divine Law of Life obscure and void when we mistake the false for the Real, mistake the impermanent for the Permanent, the physical/mental for the Spiritual, or limit in any direction of thought the operation and power of the Divine Creative Principle.
- Mary Baker Eddy S&H page 167-168 “
Should we implore a corporeal God to heal the sick out of His personal volition, or should we understand the infinite divine Principle which heals? If we rise no higher than blind faith, the Science of healing is not attained, and Soul-existence, in the place of sense-existence, is not comprehended. We apprehend Life in divine Science only as we live above corporeal sense and correct it. Our proportionate admission of the claims of good or of evil determines the harmony of our existence, — our health, our longevity, and our Christianity.
- From the bible, Luke 11:34 “The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.”