Duty is a radio talk show with the title Responsibilities That Accompany The Truth which is about the Yoga term Dharma.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about the idea of “knowing the Truth” and the obligations that come with being ordained by Divine Mind. In this show they will discuss what Paramahansa Yogananda called “Christ Consciousness” in comparison with what Mary Baker Eddy called “Christian Science.” Listen as they explain some of the obligations associated with “Knowing the Truth” and Dharma in Kriya Yoga. “Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your soul and follow your holy orders.
Notes: Show Transcript
- The term Dharma in Kriya Yoga means duty. We are given life and with this comes a responsibility to give back. We are each a Divine idea and as such have a unique talent to give back to the collective, the greater whole. A major part in knowing ones dharma is knowing themselves as the Divine idea and not the individual appearance.
- Avidya in Yoga is ignorance also described as mistaking the impermanent for the Permanent or sin “missing the mark.” Know the Truth and it will make you free; free from ignorance. What is the Truth? Life is Perfect, Eternal, Unchanging, and Spiritual. What is this human life? It is a concept about the Divine Eternal Life.
- Christ consciousness and Christian Science seem to have a common thread which is “The Christ.” The Christ is Spiritual light that enables human consciousness to recognize the Divine creation. The message of the Christ is heal, reform, teach, and raise because the Truth is found before thought and above corporeal sense.
- There seems to be only one responsibility upon realization of the Truth and that is abide in the Truth, as the Truth. The acknowledgement of only One Perfect Eternal Life has a profound effect on the external appearance because consciousness is experience; the physical world as we “know” it is observation dependent. It is the observer that sets the measurement for the collapse of the wave function revealing the role of thinking in producing a desired outcome.
- The concept of judging righteously; see only the Divine Creation. John 12:32 “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.”