Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about what is meant by the Son of Man and why the Son of Man must be lifted up. In this show they will discuss the concept of being born of the Spirit and what it looks like when the Divine Principle is born in consciousness. Listen as they explain why Mary Baker Eddy wrote, “”There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter. All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation, for God is All-in-all. Spirit is immortal Truth; matter is mortal error. Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and temporal. Spirit is God, and man is His image and likeness. Therefore man is not material; he is spiritual.” Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures p. 468:9-15. Welcome to the Voice of Yoga; we are talking consciousness! Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance to get the Light in your Soul and live as the Divine Self.
- The Son of Man is a phrase used to represent the birth of Spirit. The birth not of woman which is flesh. Of the Spirit it can also be said that this is the first birth. The first born is the Spirit and the second birth is the flesh and therefore the Spirit must be lifted up or realized but in Truth there is no second birth. The second birth can also be known as the death of Spiritual awareness and the second death is called the death of the mortal flesh. It gets very complex and confusing but if it was easy everyone would be demonstrating Divine Law with Scientific certainty.
- Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, , p. 349:26–28 “Mortal thought does not at once catch the higher meaning, and can do so only as thought is educated up to spiritual apprehension.”
- Because Spirit is the only reality we don’t make anything Spirit or Spiritual we come out of the false sense there is something other than the Divine Self. It becomes a purification process where we let go of all the material moorings and as the identity sheds the density of mental/material beliefs and concepts it rises by expanding into Its formless changeless Spiritual Self. I am everywhere always, never in nor of matter or person, or a mortal mind.
- Herb Fitch RO 19A opens with John 9:39 and we will expand it a little here.
John 9:39-41 “And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
- Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.” What we are looking at with the material senses is the sin. We see the mental/material concept and we are blind to the Divine Creation. The purpose of the Christ is to become blind to the mortal image and reveal the Divine Truth. We do this by being born of the Spirit. We are individualized by the world mind we draw from duality, fear and limitation. We must be taught how to separate from the world of form and energy (particles and waves) and reconnect to Truth and Wholeness (the invisible Omnipresence or the Void in quantum physics).
- Love God to become addicted to the invisible intangible Divine Omnipresence is the idea here. The language of Spirit is Silence and the activity of Spirit is Stillness and by stopping the input from the material senses we make the mind aware of the Divine creation, Divine Mind. Until we walk reason through the open door of Revelation we do this on belief. We start with a belief in God. We lift up the Son of Man the Divine Spirit within by elimination of everything unlike Spirit. Purification of the physical, the mental, and conceptual levels in order to release the Spirit. Spirit is buoyant and expansive when set free from the confinement and limitation of matter and mortal mind which is a universal belief in two powers.