Religious Holidays and Union with the Divine
Religious Holidays is a radio talk show discussing the importance and value of Union with the Divine for effective living.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about the upcoming holidays of Palm Sunday, Passover, and Good Friday. Listen as they explain the importance of Religion for the betterment of Humanity. Just because the institutions that have taken over “Religions” are failing; doesn’t negate the necessity of Union with the Divine. They will explain how “re-linking with Spirit” becomes a practical guide for highly effective living. Spirituality isn’t magic; it is physics. Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance get the Light in your soul and experience the benefits of Apotheosis.
1. The key here for me is Religion; the relinking of the individual to the Divine. A clear instruction to do something.
2. So for me, Religion is a practice to initiate a process– Apotheosis is the procedure for this experience.
3. The process is a rebirthing of the individual into the Divine– not just a declaration but instruction to make a change. The 3 phases of development– found in the Hero’s Journey; separation, journey, and the return.
4. Matthew 18:1-4 He called a little child and had him stand among them. And He said “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”
5. The point of the comparison– become like little children has more to do with a child’s trusting spirit, as well as willingness to be dependent and receive from others, than any inherent humility the child might possess.
6. Passover marked the beginning of the Exodus from exile in Egypt. The Separation the leaving of one source of sustenance (symbolized possibly by the parting of the red sea).
7. The Christian Myth at this time follows suite with the Crucifixion of the Body, the Resurrection of the Son, and the Reunion with the Father.
8. Don’t make the same mistake our organized Religions did and fall into intellectualism and get all caught up in the “story” and miss the point of the instruction. A ritual is only as good as its result.
9. Next week is Easter and then Earth day.