Discussing the Mythology of Religious Holidays
Mythology is a radio talk show discussing the mythology of religious holidays. Talking about the underlying theme of an event that is central to all humans.
Hostess Lisa Winton and Swami Jayananda will talk about some of the current events happening this month and dig out the Mythology of the events. They will be looking at Daylight Savings Time and the Jewish holiday of Purim. Purim is considered to be a joyous Holiday often accompanied by celebrations, plays, festive food and costume parties. Listen as they examine, the Hindu festival of Holi, Pi Day, St. Patrick’s Day, and Spring Equinox. Holi is the ancient Hindu Festival of Love and also known as the Festival of Colors. Join the Kriya Yoga Spiritual Advance get the Light in your soul and experience the Power of Prana.
1. Daylight Savings time and Purim the approach of Spring is a time for celebration.
2. Purim is a celebration that comes out of the escape of death– Haman was planning on killing all the Jewish people in Persia. The myth of celebrating life because of death.
3. A simple theme but it gives each and every one of use reason to celebrate– you are alive. So get over yourself and start living!
4. Spring is the symbol of New Life and daylight savings time is a lead in to Spring. A sign that spring is on its way.
5. The Tibetan’s say, none learn to live until they learn to die. Death and the threat or reality of a pending doom is a catalyst to get living.
6. Holi is the festival that symbolizes the triumph of good over evil.
7. The procession of light overcoming darkness and the cycle of death and rebirth. Out of the ashes and the gray of winter comes new life and the colors of spring.
8. The simple act of participation with the changing of the season has a strong effect on a person.
9. Today we don’t have attention for the environment and our surroundings we are too busy looking at our phones or computers or TV’s and we are depressed. Devices don’t have seasons it is a constant influence and lulls us into denial of death.
10. Lack motivation and enthusiasm for life. Take a look around you and start living! What is the ultimate triumph of good over evil, light over darkness and life over death. Apotheosis! I am eternal and I have transcended the cycle of death and rebirth.
11. Next week International Day of Happiness.